Wednesday 12 February 2014

Interview with Sneha Author of “The Untrodden Ways”

 
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself ,your blog,and your aspirations and your hobbies!!
I belong to a very small town Lalganj in the state of Bihar. I am a banker by profession and a writer by heart. I have written two books “For what you are…” and “The Untrodden Ways”. I have four blogs with different themes. Three of them are in Hindi and one is in English. I am the founder and chief editor of two monthly online magazines Branwyn and Akshara. My hobbies include writing, reading, photography, listening to music and watching Action/Thriller movies.

2. How you first got involved in with blogging/writing, are you an imaginative person?
I started my first blog on the internal website of our bank. It was mostly for entertainment and instantly got nationwide recognition. And yes, I am a very imaginative person. I am attached to pure fiction rather than non-fiction.

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging/writing about your topic?
Time management! Having a full time job, being a completely homely girl, editor of two monthly magazines, devoted writer and a fanatic blogger, managing everything becomes a little challenging. Sometimes, I feel guilty for not fulfilling the expectations of my readers who visit my blog everyday just to check if there is any new blogpost there. Regular blog updates is the biggest challenge for me.
4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
I have met a lot of people in this blogosphere. Taauji – the famous Hindi blogger has become my source of inspiration.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging/writing style?
The name of one of my blogs is the reply. I write – Dil se… I write straight from heart.
 6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
I have so many things to do that 24 hours fall short for me.

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging/writing wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
5 years! Well let God Almighty unfold the cards.

8. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
I am never short of contents. I have so many stories to tell and so many topics to write that if I update 3 blogs everydays, I can blog for next 70 years continuously and if I start writing consistently I can surely pen down 100 books before I die. I told you earlier, I am super-imaginative.
9. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
 Be consistent and be honest!

10. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Content! It will eventually generate everything.
11. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
The best reciprocation of every moment they invest in reading his/her blog. Time is important you know!
12. What motivates you most in life?
My parents and Swami Vivekananda
13. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
I love whatever I write.
14. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Fiction – pure fiction. Today, very few people are imaginative enough to write pure fiction. Contemporary fiction is mostly getting flooded with personal diaries.
15. Five adjectives that describe you.
 My name describes me the best – S=Smart, N=Noble, E=Elegant, H=Helpful, A=Active. And the compilation SNEHA also stands true…
16. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta
17. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??
No, I am a peace lover. I do ponder over constructive criticism for the betterment of my writing but I do not let them disturb me. Blogosphere is the just like a sand particle in the vast ocean of life. I have other more important things to worry about.

18. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
I am not judgmental.

19. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
Adventure and thriller attract me the most. I avoid contemporary romance.

20. Words for me and my blogs Desire v/s Destiny and Blogger Interviews and my Website www.MyMagicJobs.com
You are a very nice and supportive person. Your blog is also very good. I suggest you to write a book on the practical aspects of writing.

21. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.
Of course, awards are necessary for moral boost-up.

4 comments: