Tuesday 4 February 2014

Interview with the Author of 'My Moonlit Pilgrimage' : Sasiprabha

1. Can you tell a little about yourself, and your aspirations and hobbies ?
I am Sasiprabha, a simple girl from God's Own Country - Kerala ! I enjoy being a doctor by profession, a writer by passion and also a motivational speaker in an attempt to use my experiences for some good and positive purpose. In the world of authors, I am a newbie with my maiden novel 'My Moonlit Pilgrimage' being published in 2012. Presently I am working on my next two books

which are expected to be released by the middle of 2014. 

I belong to such form of youth who hates normalcy. Friends describe me as a kind of girl who is too much passionate about life. Yes, I am a great admirer of life, love, beauty, hope and anything and everything that is good. I search for these and try to create them. I cant point out one or two things like books, movie, music, rain but anything that is beautiful wins my heart !

2. How you first got involved in with writing, are you a imaginative person ?
I used to scribble a lot when I was a child. My mom has a great collection of classics from English literature and that is the world in which I grew up. Later on I had to concentrate more on shaping my career and both reading and writing disappeared from my life. But towards the end of college life, I was freed from such a burden and my small write ups shared on social media gave me readers who inspired me to get published. It was never expected or preplanned, but happened as a natural process. 
Yes, I am a dreamer and I dream more with open eyes than with closed eyes. Of course, imagination rules the world and so it does my life too !

3. What do you find most challenging about writing about your topic ?
The most challenging thing for me is to write within a specific word limit. At first it was too difficult for me as I felt it is affecting the freedom of expression. But now I am used to it too.

4. Tell me about some people you have met from writing world?
Actually, being in this southern corner, I havent yet met someone to point out. Of course, looking forward to meet soon all those wonderful people with whom I am in connection virtually !

5. How would (someone)describe your writing style ?
I usually get random mails and messages from readers which in common point out that I write direct from the heart. I love to let the things be natural in writing. Whatever comes into mind, I put directly on paper without resistance. Reviews have pointed out that my novel is too poetic and beautiful in its narration.

6. What do you do when you are not writing ?
As told, I am a doctor by profession and I spend half of the day at hospital. At other times, if not writing, music,books, movies, friends, shopping, cooking, gardening or a simple walk outside occupies me.

7. Where do you see yourself writing wise in next 6 months, and 5 years down the road ?
In next 6 months, I expect my next two books to be released. Beyond that I have only dreams now,not plannings. And I believe in the power of my dreams !

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your writing business ?
As most of the writers do now a days, I have taken the help of social media networking to find out and utilise the opportunities.

9. How do you come up with contents / ideas for your stories? Many people struggle with coming up with different ideas.
I get the concepts solely from two different things - experience and observation. These two things when flavoured with imagination form my stories and poems ! Anything from the surroundings or within that catch my senses shape itself into a write up later.

10. What is your strategy with your writing in general ?
Writing is a natural process for me. Precisely, I write to express,not to impress. I will keep on writing irrespective of the outcomes. So obviously I dnt have any defined strategies.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbie wtiters who want to make it into writing world ?
Myself being a beginner, how can I give such tips ! But one thing I love to say - be genuine.

12. What is the best thing a writer can give to his reader ?
A handful of emotions ! A writer or artist succeed when he / she creates emotions. The way to readers is through their hearts,I believe.

13. A lot of people are interested in writing for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interested in making money from writing ? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made ?
I cant support money minded writing. But yes, when you excel in writing, money too may come naturally. But concentrating on money is not a good attitude for a writer in my personal point of view.

14. What motivates you most in life ?
My own dreams - the ultimate source of motivation for me !

15. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your writing ?
I wish for the visibility to my writing, not to myself. I have depended on online marketing programmes for the purpose.

16. Everyone has a favourite / least favourite post. Name yours and why ?
Whatever I wrote is favourite for me, so I cant point out the least favourite one. Most favourite is my story 'Unknown Author' because this is the first short story I wrote and it gave me confidence that I can write within specific word limit.

17. Name some of the authors you look upto and why ?
Shakespeare, Victor Hugo, Gorge Orewell, O Henry, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Pablo Neruda, Elizabeth Barret Browning - this list wont end !
Why is an insignificant question here as these are the Gods of literature.

18. Five adjectives that describes you.
1. Passionate
2.Optimistic
3.Beautiful
4.Emotional
5.Sincere

19. What book would you say has made the biggest impact, good or bad on you ?
The book that has made the biggest impact on me ever is 'The Merchant Of Venice' because that is the first book that I grabbed with curiosity from my mom's bookshelf. I still remember that I used to turn its pages before started learning English with a burning desire to read it !

20. Do you get easily provoked by positive / negative comments?
Nope. I always long for betterment. So anything about my writing is heard with patience and balance.

21. Are you a judgemental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?
I dnt judge people for noone on earth is perfect. I search for goodness in people and happy with every little bit of goodness I discover. I wont take the side of a person who is so obviously wrong, no matter however dear he / she is to me personally.

22. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?
I am not a genre-specific reader. I read anything and everything that I feel good.

23. Your views on contests and increasing plagiarism?
Contests are something really appreciable, provided they are fair. They give chance to ablesome newbies to get published and help others to improve their writing.
About plagiarism, I would love to say, genuinity is the strongest basement for any success. Nothing you gonna achieve ultimately if you are not true to yourself and to the readers.

24. Words for me and my blogs Desire v/s Destiny and Blogger Interviews and my website www.MyMagicJobs.com ?
I've gone through them thoroughly and it was really a nice experience to know the fellow writers and bloggers more and closer through detailed and friendly conversations. Nicely crafted work. Thanking you for creating such platforms and wishing you all the very bests !

25. On winning award/s, Are they really necessary ?
Never ever. Win the heart of readers and live there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment